Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend--Part I

Right after Kim and Cathy left on Sunday morning, I began packing for our trip down to Sunnybrook. (I'd like to say that I was all prepared for the trip, but things got a little frantic when Jeff looked at me and said, "Uh, babe, I don't think I have enough clean socks and underwear to go on this trip.") So at 8:45 a.m. I started a load of laundry, and we were grabbing the clean stuff on our way out the door! Oops! Oh, well, we still made it to Sunnybrook, a mere 15 minutes off our goal time of 1:00 p.m!

We met up with Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Nay, and Uncle Jerry at Hobert and Faye's house. Hobert is Grandpa Don's first cousin, and they grew up together in Sunnybrook. Hobert and Faye are the sweetest couple you will ever meet! (I could do a whole post about their wedding ceremony alone!) They're always tickled to have us come visit, and they go out of their way to make sure they have a spread of food to offer. Faye won't let you walk out her door hungry! We had a nice visit with them, and then we drove up to the Pleasant Hill Cemetery to place Memorial flowers. That evening we drove up to Somerset and stayed in a hotel with Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Nay. We had a great time being together with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment