Saturday, January 14, 2012

Living the JOY Dare

I'm really enjoying this JOY Dare from Ann Voskamp.  It's been a wonderful challenge to search for God's grace in the every day.  Seek it out like a hidden treasure.  Enjoy the small moments.  Be present.  Find Him.

This has been such a challenge for my redeemed heart.  It wants to fall back into old patterns and habits, wants to be negative, selfish, blaming, exacting, etc.  One nail drives out another--so I pick up my new nail, and begin to tap, tap, tap--driving out the old nails.  

It is work.  Sometimes it's downright painful, fighting, struggling against my old self.  Then it comes, His whisper, reminding me that He can do the work and it will become light and easy for me.  I rest in Him.  Let the Master Gardener do His work.  My heart is new.  Picking thanks, joy, peace, love, encouragement, hope...

I can already feel the difference in my heart.  It seems a strange that being disciplined about giving thanks and finding joy could make such a change.  Seems too simple really.  I can honestly tell you that by staying in an attitude of giving grace and receiving grace--I am forever changed.  Forever grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment