
The past couple of weeks, Tara and I have been attempting to train for a 5K. We are planning to do several this spring. I've been a little disappointed, because there aren't really any paved trails that would work for a jogging stroller(other than the circle walking track at the high school). So I've been asking around if Winchester had any plans to do a Rails to Trails project. I just got the number last week of the man here in town who's heading up a committee to start the planning of a fitness trail, so I was planning to call him. Well, Tara called me yesterday and said that they were going to hold a "brown bag" seminar about Rails to Trails! I was sooo excited!
The mayor of Louisville, Mayor Abramson, visited our small city today. He did a seminar about getting the Rails to Trails program established. Every city I've lived in the past few years has had some sort of fitness trail system. It's been great because you can walk,jog, run, bike, roller blade, push a stroller, etc. Well, Winchester doesn't exactly have anything like this...yet. I learned today that they are working on this project and hope to have phase I started in the very near future! I was thrilled to be there and get involved in this endeavor! **(Thanks to Tara for watching Noah so I could go!)

No comments:
Post a Comment